Today was a tiny bit better. I miss you like crazy but at least today was a busy day so I didn’t have time to sit and have a pity party. I thought about you a lot and even cried a few times but I did far better than yesterday. Here is what I did:
- Took the kids to school
- Went to the dry cleaners (exciting-I know)
- Went to Skyla’s graduation. I am so proud of our little girl! She is so smart. When I was putting her cap on I said, “Wow Skyla you have a huge head.” Here reply was, “Mom it’s from all the food I eat.” The program was cute and Skyla looked so beautiful. I wish you could have been there to see! She is very proud of her Daddy. She says, “Daddy is in his rack shooting all the bad guys.”
- Took Lela job/gym/doctor hunting
- Took Skyla to the water park to play. She even wore her Justin Bieber swimsuit you got her and looked so adorable!
- Went home and cleaned a little house while Skyla fed her baby, Lilstepso (this is Spanish according to Skyla). I cried a little cleaning house. It was sad to pick up your boots and put your laundry away. I took a whiff of your deodorant before I put it away and it made me cry a tiny bit.
- Took the kids to the rodeo. This made me cry a little too. I remember going last year with you and having so much fun (remember we found $20) The kids had fun. Skyla rode the ponies all by herself and didn’t even get scared! Ceci enjoyed eating some cotton candy (of course) and Orlando was so hot that he was cranky until I got a bandana wet and put it on his head-then he looked cool and felt cool!
And now here I am getting ready to go to bed and of course missing you! Can’t wait to talk to you again. I love you forever and ever!
Dear annoying people at Skyla’s graduation,
I know probably half of you can’t read. Just to let your know the invitation clearly said two guests per graduate. It would have been really nice if you all would have read that. I guess I’ll forgive some of you since pre-school graduation may be the only graduation you will get to see your child participate in.
Dear HUGE lady at the park,
Put down the bush’s chicken and pay attention to the 6-8 kids you brought to the park with you. No one likes to hear you screaming across the park.
Dear Lady at the park who showed up smoking,
Really? A park is a place where kids go to play. Even if you want your kid to die from second-hand smoke I really don’t think the rest of the world wants their kids to. Next time smoke before you get to the park.
Dear People at the Rodeo,
There are bleachers for a reason. SIT DOWN! Just because you think the back of your head looks good does not mean that we all want to stare at it instead of watching the rodeo. If you brought kids with you to the rodeo please pay attention to them and stop letting them act like jackasses. While you’re at it please take a minute and teach them to have a little respect for the flag. Maybe you could mention to them that when the national anthem is playing it’s not the best time to giggle, scream or wrestle around with their buddy.