I had an amazing weekend!
- My husband came home from work Friday with a beautiful vase of flowers for me! Attached was a card that said, “I’m sorry about the retreat but pack your bags and get ready for Sat. cus it’s me and you and San Antonio. I love you.” The arrangement is beautiful and has some of my favorite flowers in it. He told me that he made the lady at the flower shop let him go into the back and hand-pick the flowers he wanted to use. Rewind real quick: on Thursday we found out that our name was not on the list for the marriage retreat that his unit was hosting. We both thought that it was and had been looking forward to a nice mini-vaction. Needless to say I was VERY VERY upset when I found out we were not going. The flowers and card were the perfect start to my very fantabulous weekend!
- I finally fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! Even though I still look somewhat similar to cased sausage in them just being able to pull them all the way up and button them is a HUGE accomplishment for me.
- As I was getting ready for my day on Saturday Skyla came into the bathroom and said, “Mom you look beautiful. You look like a lady.” She is so sweet. I just hope she doesn’t think that I look like an ugly man every other day!
- I had a good hair day! I tried to take a picture but unfortunately I was not very photogenic.
- Some very awesome friends of our watched all of the kids for us so we could get out of town on Saturday. Ceci was so excited to go to Rondo’s house and see Sasha (their dog).
- Carlos and I spent most of the day Saturday driving in a huge circle (Cove, Lampassas, a whole bunch of tiny little towns, Gatesville and finally Waco) looking for something to do. It was entertaining doing nothing with my husband.
- We finally decided to eat at a beautiful restaurant on the Brazos River. Don’t we look happy? *side note — The food was terrible and made us both sick but we still had a good time!
- We saw a movie and it was good!
- We went to the mall where the only purchase we made was a bib for Orlando. (I know we are awesome!)
- We met up with some friends we hadn’t seen in a while.
- Although we stayed up till almost 4 a.m. I was still able to come home and get all the laundry and housework done today! I would have to say this weekend was a HUGE success!