Maybe you noticed that I have been M.I.A. for a few weeks (maybe you didn’t). The reason for this is because my perfectly boring life has been a little bit imperfect and a ton un-boring the past two weeks.
- We finally found a house. It doesn’t have pink wall paper, blue carpet or a tiny living room. It’s perfect for us. We moved in last weekend but still haven’t gotten all unpacked and organized.
- Orlando has started to eat bananas ( I love typing bananas- it is one of the funnest words to type) He likes them and so do I because now he usually only wakes up once a night to eat instead of three times.
- Skyla continues to be obsessed with Justin Bieber even despite Carlos teasing her.
- Ceci is on a cereal kick lately. She wants cereal for breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner. She WILL stab you with a spoon if you try to eat some of her cereal.
In the past two weeks I have worked 32 hours of over time. Some of it was voluntary some of it was definitely not.
Skyla can write her name now. She is very proud of her self but I am even prouder (more proud??) of her. She even wrote Grandma a letter (her name over and over again). She is anxiously awaiting a return letter.
Carlos has been trying to enjoy his leave by fishing as much as possible in between being a wonderful hubby and playing stay at home dad while I work.
Orlando can almost roll over by himself. He tries so hard and is so close. And he must take after his Dad because he doesn’t have a short temper and doesn’t get frustrated when he can’t do it. He just keeps trying and looks so darn adorable doing so!
I have joined the nose crack scentcy bandwagon. I LOVE it! My first order came in right before we moved and it was the first thing we brought to the new house. It was wonderful to move into a house that smelled like yummyness instead of moth balls and empty house.
It has been so nice outside this week. The kids have enjoyed playing with the sidewalk chalk. Carlos even took Orlando out with them. I think it may have been in an attempt to suntan him and turn him brown (it didn’t work-he is still very white)
- I found out this week that starting in April I will be moving to A.M. (overnight) shift. I am excited because I really like working with the people that are already on that shift but at the same time it has placed a HUGE BIG DARK cloud of stress over my head. Finding a sitter for the kids once Carlos is gone is going to be a challenge. Right now though I don’t want to think about him leaving because well it kinda really really sucks and I don’t want it to happen!
- The girls love the new house. Skyla calls it the big house. They have so much more room to play and rough house (good for them and Daddy kinda a little annoying to me but I guess whatever makes them happy)
Ok so maybe that wasn’t all that much un-boring to you but to me it has been a very eventful few weeks!