The baby shower for baby Maldo was a great success! Thank you to Christina Pathoummachith (yes that’s her name and yes I CAN pronounce it). She did an awesomely amazing job with everything. In fact I think sometime in the near future she should open a party planning/interior decorating business (her house is decorated so cute!) I also want to thank everyone who came to the shower. I truly had a fun time. We ate delicious snacks and yummy cake, chatted and played games and of course opened bags and bags and bags and more bags of cute things for baby Maldo. I can’t forget to say thank you to those that were not able to make it and still sent gifts. Thank you EVERYONE!
In the time since the shower I have somehow found the energy (I surprised myself with that one since my favorite activity for about the past 31 weeks has been sleeping) to organize and put away the bags and bags and bags and more bags of things for baby Maldo. I also purchased few items I thought we might need when the baby arrives including a bassinet and a toddler bed for Ceci.
Baby Maldo has a FULLY stocked closet.
Baby Maldo has a ton of cute comfy sleepers.
Baby Maldo has a cozy bassinet fully stocked with receiving blankets to sleep in.
Now all there is left to do is sand the pink sparkles off the crib and stain it and wait for Baby Maldo to grace us with his presence. And so the waiting begins!
Other than the obvious reasons I am excited for baby Maldo’s arrival I am also extremely excited for all of the following reasons:
- I will no longer have to wake up and pee at least twice a night
- Instead of rolling out of bed or off the couch like a rolly polly I can just stand up
- I will no longer have constant back pain
- I won’t hear the following things on a daily basis
- Wow you’re huge
- When are you due again?
- How much longer do you have left?
- Your not gonna make it are you?
- I bet you have the baby on (insert day here)
- Oh a Christmas Baby
- You look tired (in other words you look like crap)
- You still haven’t had that baby yet?
- Are you sure there is only one? (in other words–your fat!)
- I will be able to see my feet and reach my toes
- I will be able to fit on the couch and snuggle comfortably with my hubby
- It won’t be so difficult and uncomfortable to drive
I could go on and on and on about the reasons I am excited to not be pregnant anymore but I won’t. I will miss a few things. I love feeling the baby move and eating ice cream and other goodies without feeling guilty! Only 8 weeks and a few days left—I guess I better make the best of it as this will be the last time I EVER get pregnant!
Before I go here are a couple of adorable pictures that melt my heart!