Today I had to go do my glucose test. That is where they make you drink this icky ohhhy goooey extremely sugary stuff and then wait for an hour and draw your blood. I was really looking forward to a quite hour to read my book but by the time I got to the lab I was so frustrated from a) driving around the parking lot for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot and b) trying for the 15th time to get Darnell to fix my name in the computer system, that I didn’t feel like reading anymore. Instead I sat there for an hour observing my surroundings and people watching. These are some of the stories that were on the news:
- A story about results from a recent study on who apologizes more often, men or women. (Really not sure whose idea it was to study this but I personally think it was a huge waste of time and money.)
- A story about an owner of a cupcake shop that refused to make cupcakes for a gay customer. Her reason was not because the customer was gay but because she didn’t have enough colors to make what they were requesting. (Really it was because she doesn’t like gay people).
- Lindsay Lowhan in rehab again. ( WHO CARES–I never really cared but I really really stopped caring after about the 5th time she was in/out of rehab.)
- Snookie got alcohol poisoning. (Again-WHO CARES! I am surprised she hasn’t gotten poisoning of some sort from all the orange spray tan crap all over her skin.)
After the Snookie story someone (I think the receptionist) changed the channel to Price is Right and turned the volume way up on the TV(she must not have been able to hear it from her desk).
In my hour of waiting these are some of the things that annoyed me:
- The really cute pregnant lady wearing a cute black dress and knee-high boots with THREE INCH HEALS! I am pretty sure she is probably at the same spot in her pregnancy as I am and she looked adorable. Yes I am jealous!
- The person that decided to sit in the chair right next to me. There is a whole room full of chairs (54 to be exact) and most of them were not occupied (41 to be exact) so why did you sit in the chair right next to me?
- The volume on the TV! Seriously it’s a waiting room in a hospital. It’s suppose to be nice and quiet.
- The person sitting 3 chairs down from me that was playing along with the Price is Right. I’ll admit I was playing along too but not out loud!
These are just some things I noticed:
- 2 tiny pieces of paper balled up under the chair in front of me (I wanted to pick them up but that would have required my ompa loopa body to bend down and get them which is not the easiest task now-a-days.)
- 7 other pregnant ladies doing the icky ohhhy gooey sugar stuff test with me
- 2 people sleeping
- A poster that says “Heat can kill” I thought this was kinda funny because it’s the same poster that I saw all over every building I went into when I was in basic training. It hasn’t changed at all and it has been a few years since I was in basic.
Other than my hour-long people watching during my icky ohhhy goooey sugar stuff test nothing to extremely exciting has happened in my perfectly boring life lately. Football season started so Carlos spends his Sundays and Mondays yelling at the TV. I celebrated my 26th birthday last week. Skyla is still saying and doing all kinds of things that make me laugh. Her Tia Ofi got her a hotwheels motorcycle for her birthday. The first time driving it she ran it into the side of the house and scared me half to death a few times. Looks like we are going to be in trouble if her driving skills don’t improve before she starts driving a car. Ceci’s vocabulary continues to grow everyday. She is starting to put together small sentences. My new favorite thing she says is “I wanna call Mama.” She brings me the phone and tells me this when she wants to talk to Grandma. Baby Maldo is growing like crazy and is very active. I love to lay down and just watch my belly move. He is already very spoiled (thanks to Nina). Nina has planned his baby shower and I am really excited. I am so glad to have friends like her since my family is far away!