For some reason Skyla thinks that if it’s not a full moon then the moon is broken. This morning on the way to school Skyla got very excited when she saw the moon (almost a full moon) and said, “Mom, someone fixed the moon!” After we talked about it for a minute she got quite and then asked, “Who fixed it Mom?” I quickly told her that God probably fixed it. She did not like this response and told me, “No Mom it was JV. He flew right up there and fixed it.” JV is a friend of hers from school. Last week when we were leaving one day he blew her a kiss and patted his hand on his chest like his little heart was fluttering. I think my little Skyla has a slight crush! So cute but Daddy better get ready!
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Some things I am looking forward to in the next few days/weeks/months:
- Friday–This is my “long week” at work–because my days off change I work 7 days straight and Friday is the last of these 7 days!
- A marriage retreat–My husband’s unit is having another marriage retreat this weekend. The last one we went to was a ton of fun. I think we had a little bit too much fun because well now we are having another baby Maldo. I am really looking forward to the relaxing weekend away from real life! To illustrate why I am excited here is a picture from the last retreat—ah so relaxing!
- Having another ultrasound–since the baby’s stomach was distended in the last ultrasound they are doing another one just to see if we need to be concerned. I am excited to make sure it’s still a boy!
- Skyla’s 4th birthday party–we are just having a small get together with a few friends. I am making purple cake with purple frosting since we all know Skyla wants everything in her “favoritecolorpurple” I am kinda sad that she is growing up so fast but at the same time happy that she is such a good helper for me.
- Having a baby shower–a friend of mine (Nina) is planning my baby shower–I am really excited but probably not as excited as she is to plan it–she loves babies! I am glad to have friends like her since I don’t have family here.
- Having baby Maldo! I am way way way ready to not be pregnant anymore and to have a little boy around! I am excited to see how the girls will do with a baby!
- My kids going to sleep! Hopefully this happens soon–they have been singing their ABC’s at the top of their lungs for the past hour. Even though it’s kinda cute and it melts my heart it gets old after an hour! If I didn’t know my ABC’s before I sure do now!
Nothing too extremely exciting is happening in my perfectly boring life! I had a bad hair day today (this seems to be the norm lately) other than that here are a few things that are going on in my life.
Carlos had a root canal yesterday. They put him on some pain medication that made him wake me up with his random sleep talking all night last night. I wish I could remember some of the things he said because it was quite comical. The pain medicine makes him extremely tired so this is how he has spent the last few days:
I have also been very very tired the last few days (or weeks). I blame it on my growing belly. The girls love to give the baby kisses. Skyla felt the baby kick for the first time the other day. She said, “Oh Dad the baby kicked me in the hand-see I have a boo-boo.” Skyla also seems to think that she has a baby in her tummy. When I asked Carlos to take a picture of my big belly she insisted that we take a picture of her “big belly” too. I think her belly is much cuter!
Speaking of growing, Ceci is growing so fast too! She gets into everything and even if she’s not tall enough she is a smart little cookie and always finds a way to get what she wants.
This weekend I was an emotional wreck. It all started when we decided to go to the pool and I couldn’t find anything in my dresser that fit comfortably and covered my gianormus body! From there it went downhill and I turned into a big (literally) cry baby face. Case and point-here are a few things that made me cry this weekend (please don’t think any less of me after reading this and realizing how pathetic I am):
- Nachos-I was really craving some with jalapenos and my hubby said they didn’t sound good-I cried and then I had nachos and they were not nearly as good as I had hoped—I cried some more
- My bank account-it is not nearly hefty enough to buy all the things I want to—I cried
- Milk-I woke up from a nap and wanted to have a nice big bowl of honey bunches of oats and there was no milk-I cried
- Orange kool-aid-I slept in on Sunday morning thinking that getting enough sleep would make my crappy hormones die or at least take a break. I had the most amazing dream about drinking orange kool-aid –and of course when I woke up and went to make orange kool-aid there was none-I cried
- Toilet paper-I really am too embarrassed to say why I cried over freaking toilet paper but I did
- Running clothes-my husband (being the incredibly sweet guy he is) decided that I needed to get out of the house to cheer me up. We went to Dick’s sporting goods. Seeing all the cute running clothes made me miss running a lot—I cried!
- Air conditioner- it was 103 on Sunday and we came home from Dick’s to a very hot house and an air conditioner that wasn’t working-I cried!
Yes I am a big giant cry baby! As the weekend came to an end I was laying on the couch roasting to death and I realize two things:
- My husband is so awesome for putting up with me and my tears and doing anything he can to make me feel better.
- I am so thankful for nachos, milk, orange kool-aid, toilet paper and AIR CONDITIONING!
This girl (Skyla Natalia) may quite possibly be the funniest person I have ever met- aside from Carlos Mencia. I continuously find myself laughing hysterically over something she did or said. Here are a few Skyla-isms that made me laugh this week.
Today when we drove on post the man working the gate was a Hispanic man. Skyla asked, “Dad is that man a scary man?” Carlos said, “No, Skyla. He is a Mexican man.” Skyla said, “No Dad he’s a sexy man!”
Friday on my way to work I called Carlos to talk to him for a few minutes. As I was getting off the phone I said, “I love you-have a good day.” When I hung up Skyla said, “Mom who was that and why did you say you love them?” I told her it was Daddy and I do love him. She was all kinds of mad and replied, “No Mom that was just a man and you can’t love him if you love Daddy.” I had to argue with her for a few minutes before I finally proved to her that I was in fact talking to Carlos.
The other night we were driving around town looking for a place to eat for Carlos’ birthday dinner. Every time we passed a church Skyla got all excited and said, “Mom there is the church. I want to go so I can wear my favorite color purple dress.” This may not seem very funny to anybody else but she says “favorite color purple” as if it is one big word and she doesn’t even have a purple dress. I thought it was funny.
That same night on the way home we saw a car accident. Carlos was explaining to me what probably happened and Skyla had to correct his story. She was so excited talking about it that she was stuttering and she said, “And then the car turned left and hit the truck like this (hand motions).” Carlos asked, “Which way is left?” and Skyla quickly replied, “The car Dad!” I was laughing so hard because she talked about it as if she saw it happen and as if she actually knows her left from her right!
She must have been on a roll that night because as we were driving home she made me laugh hysterically once again. The song “Free” by the Zac Brown Band was playing on the radio. Skyla was singing along and when it got to the following part of the song she sang her little heart out:
No we don’t have a lot of money, No we don’t have a lot of money, No we don’t have a lot of money, all we need is love…..
I started laughing and asked her if she liked that song and she said, “Ya cus we don’t have a lot of money Mom.”
Last weekend Skyla and Ceci were in the room playing and Skyla came marching out with a wet diaper in her hand and made a beeline for the kitchen. We both asked her where she got that dirty diaper from but before she could answer Ceci came out of the room with a fresh diaper on backwards. Skyla decided that she would change her all by herself. We told Skyla good job and helped her put the diaper on the right way and they went back to playing. A little while later Skyla came into the living room. She put her hands on her hips and said, “Ceci is poopy and I am NOT changing her this time!” As much as I hate changing poopy diapers I am glad Skyla did not attempt to change it on her own. I am sure that would have been a disaster.
Maybe in the future Skyla will be a famous comedian and can buy me a nice house! Until then I will cherish all the cute things she does to make me laugh!
Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband JUAN CARLOS MALDONADO! This is the wonderfully delicious cake that I made for him (by made I actually mean went to Dairy Queen and bought).
Here are some things that have happened on your birthday the last 30 years:
- August 4, 1980-Huricane Aline killed 272 people in Texas
- August 4, 1981-National Highway Traffic Safety Administration begin a hearing on mandatory restraint systems in autos
- August 4,1982-Eye of The Tiger was number 1 on the charts
- August 4, 1983-While warming up before 5th inning Yankee Dave Winfield accidentally killed a seagull
- August 4, 1984-This is what Michael Jackson looked like
- August 4, 1985-Collision Between a tractor-semitrailer transporting bombs and an automobile, resulting in fire and explosions in Cheotah, Oklahoma
- August 4, 1986-Job burnout was estimated to have affected 25 percent of the work force in the United States
- August 4, 1987-At the Kingdome, Ruppert Jones hit a foul ball that stuck in speaker
- August 4, 1988-Congress voted to award $20,000 to each Japanese-American interned in WW II
- August 4, 1989-Grateful Dead preformed live at Cal Expo
- August 4, 1990-European community proposed a boycott of Iraq
- August 4, 1991-The average price of a dozen eggs was $1.01
- August 4, 1992- Rescue 911 started it’s forth season (I remember that show!)
- August 4, 1993-Angolese air force bombed Huambo
- August 4, 1994-Truck carrying millions of bees overturned on NY parkway
- August 4, 1995-Darryl Strawberry joined the NY Yankees
- August 4, 1996-26th Olympic games closed at Atlanta, Georgia
- August 4, 1997-185,000 Teamsters union United Parcel Service drivers walked off the job
- August 4, 1998-Smashing Pumpkins played live at Fox theaters
- August 4, 1999-Drought continued across large sections of the United States
- August 4, 2000-I am not sure anything exciting happened on this day but Carlos turned 20!
- August 4, 2001-Maryland pony breeder held an annual pony show
- August 4, 2002-Nine people were killed and some 50 wounded in a suicide bombing of Egged bus No. 361
- August 4, 2003- Mariah Carrey had an interview with John Norris on MTV
- August 4, 2004- Virginia steps up security in response to latest terror warning
- August 4, 2005-Yahoo Inc. announced that it was beginning a test of a new search engine feature that would search through millions of songs offered on popular Internet music services
- August 4, 2006-Osama bin Laden’s No. 2 man in al Qaeda threatened more destruction in London
- August 4, 2007-Cubs defeated the Mets, 6-2
- August 4, 2008- Four days away from the summer Olympics opening in Beijing
- August 4, 2009-Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki has 4,000 prisoners death sentences commuted to life imprisonment
- August 4, 2010- Juan Carlos Maldonado turned 30 and his wonderful wife made him a scrumptious ice cream cake
Call me crazy but I think the most exciting thing that has happened on August 4th in the last 30 years is Juan Carlos Maldonado gracing the earth with his presence. The last item in the list comes in a close second though—hehe!
I have to take a minute to brag today! My kids are so stinking cute. They have always loved to dance but they recently learned the chicken dance. Now every time they hear music they immediately start doing the chicken dance. They even like doing it when there is no music…..see my facebook page for a video..I can’t get it to load on here for some reason.
I can’t believe how much they are growing.
- Mine (I think this is her favorite)
- I want….
- Thank you
- Cheese –followed by a huge smile(my favorite)
- Night night
- Bye bye
- I love you
- Be nice (she hears this one all the time because she is the biggest bully-don’t let her cuteness fool you)
I am so blessed to have two cuties to keep me smiling! Ok I am done bragging—for now anyways!