I think I might invest in a dream meaning book. Although I don’t really believe in all that jazz, it would be interesting to see what the “experts” think my odd dreams mean. Just for fun I did a little research on one of the dreams I had last night. I don’t even know where to begin explaining what the dream was about so instead here is a list of the things that were in my dream.
- A cat with a gun
- Curtains that refused to stay over Skyla’s window
- An old couple sitting on a porch swing
- A man with a gun
- Me looking for a gun
- A door that wouldn’t stay closed
- Skyla and Carlos (they were both asleep somewhere in our house but I couldn’t find either of them)
- A hidden room
This is what I found out in my research.
- To dream about a cat represents adversity, deceit and poor fortune. In the case of my dream I don’t think this is true because the cat was giving me a gun to protect myself from the man with a gun.
- To dream about a gun represents hostility, wrath and possible hazards.
- The presence of something/one old in your dream implies an aspect of your life that you want to change.
- A dream with a door that is open represents your desire to be available to others more.
- A dream about a hidden or secret room implies growing emotional maturity.
The conclusion I reached after doing this little bit of research is that what the “experts” say about dream meanings is a bunch of BOLOGNA! (I never understood why bologna isn’t spelled bollonie.)
P.S. 1,000 ways to die is a very disturbing show but I kinda like it!