So maybe this whole germ-a-phoebe thing is rubbing off on me after all. I spent the morning cleaning my kitchen. I originally was just doing the dishes but when it was all said and done I did a lot more than just dishes. I washed the top, front and sides of the fridge, the cabinets, the baseboards and the walls with Lysol disinfectant. I also ran the self cleaner on the oven. So now my kitchen is cleaned to germ-a-phoebe standards.
While I was cleaning I was thinking about something. In the short time that I have worked in dispatch for the police department I have learned two things.
- People call the police for some very ridiculous things.
- People do some very ridiculous things to get the police called on them.
Here are a few examples of the off the wall things that people call the police department for:
- Family dollar will not refund me the $1.07 for the crayons I bought my daughter that broke the first time she used them.
- I am not receiving all of my mail since I moved.
- I am at Applebee’s and there is a roach in my food.
- Animal control is not answering the phone. (believe it or not I’ve gotten this call more than 5 times)
- Is it legal for a female to walk around topless? (funny thing is that it actually is legal for a female to walk down the street topless in Texas)
- Someone left the windows of their car down and it’s about to start raining.
- I woke up this morning and there were plastic forks all over my front lawn.
Here are a few examples of the stupid things that people do in order for someone to call the police on them:
- Trying to rob the same bank two days in a row
- Walking around naked in the neighbor’s backyard
- Fighting with their baby mama/daddy
- Pulling a knife on their little brother because he refused to drink milk
- Driving their mom’s car thru the garage after an argument about a girlfriend
- Leaving their kids/pets in the car while they go into the store when it’s 100 plus degrees outside
This is why I love my job. I have only been in dispatch for a month and this is just a small list of all the funny things I get to deal with. There is hardly ever a dull moment!
On a totally different note-we saw a SMECKLE—it’s a BOY! The name we have picked out is Orlando Souve Maldonado.