A while back during training for work some coworker and I got an inside look at our boss from her former roommate. Her roommate shared with us several of her “OCD” tendencies. Some of these included:
- Grabbing the third can back off the grocery store shelf but never the first can
- Not going outside barefooted
- Not mixing clothing brands in an outfit (Nike shorts with Adidas socks)
- Walking through her whole house immediately when she gets home to make sure nothing is out of place
- Not eating any vegetables
- Changing her bed sheets every day
- Have meticulously organized kitchen cabinets
- Not swimming
These are just a few of the things she shared with us in the hour or so long conversation we had about it. When it was all said and done my boss came to the conclusion that she really isn’t “OCD” and that everyone has their own tendencies and quirks just like she has hers.
Ever since this conversation I have been thinking about what my weird tendencies are. After thinking long and hard I was not able to come up with anything at all. So I asked my wonderful husband what kind of things I do that might seem weird or unusual to someone else.
He was quick to list off the following things:
- I pick at my nails all the time (lately I have a strange addiction to painting my nails with clear nail polish, waiting for it to dry and then immediately pealing it off)
- I chew ice
- I have crazy dreams every night
- I eat peanut butter on my pancakes and French toast
- I talk to Boy and Olivia
- I answer my own questions
Call me crazy but I think all of these things are perfectly normal. I have come to the conclusion that I am not odd, bizarre, weird or out of the ordinary but I am just normal!